Sunday, August 8, 2010

Renaissance Faire

Zachary and I made it to the Bristol Renaissance Faire this year on Saturday. It is a yearly pilgrimage for us.
A very tasty pilgrimage indeed. I didn't get a picture of every dish, but here is a sampling. A few favorites and a few new discoveries. I tried a new drink this year called Black Berry. I am not much of a beer drinker, but this was mighty tasty, a blend of Murphy's Irish Stout and Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss. It is the dark brew next to the Rat Man Dew (blend of Mountain Dew and hard cider, Zach's choice)


Plenty of goods I wish I could take home and put in my house.

An artist creating a portrait of Henry VIII.
Musicians.
We took in a few shows too. A Falconer demonstrating his falcons and hawks.
A very funny acrobatic show, called Barely Balanced.

Adam Crack, the bull whip guy. He'll be competing in the World Championships this winter for his whip cracking skills.

The classic Mud Show. Feats of strength and wit held in a mud pit.
Moonie. The master of improv comedy, juggling, and audience embarrassment.
Our last show of the day was the Barely Balanced act again. Their last show of the day includes new tricks with the addition of fire.

No comments: