Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kitchen Update

This is the current state in our kitchen. I made some side by side images for reference, with pictures taken from about the same angle. This one is showing the 2 new skylights and the open ceiling. The other upper window is the attic window, which the attic was above the kitchen.
This angle is shows the entry to the upstairs and the dining and living rooms. We are opening up the passage ways for better flow. We are realizing bringing "open-concept" design to an old farm house can be difficult.
Here you can see the new skylights in the kitchen roof. I took the day off from work on Friday to help Zachary with the skylight installation. Zachary continues to amaze me with his construction skills. Sometimes he surprises himself. After the skylights went in, we ran the garden hose over them and no leaks! Hopefully it will stay that way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, what a project! I bet it is going to be beautiful when you are through. I would like to feature you guys on my backyard farming blog. Please let me know if that is OK. You can email me at backyardfarmingblog(at)gmail(dot)com.